Season 2.Episode 21: Frances on The Great Depression

A few weeks ago, Frances and I were discussing the Great Depression, the severe worldwide economic depression of the 1930’s, which started in 1929.  We still talk about the market crash of October 29, 1929 known as Black Tuesday.  The 1930’s was a decade that experienced the most extensive, deepest, and widespread depression in the 20th century.  It gripped the entire world with devastating consequences.  Unemployment was as high as 25% in the United States and for some countries, unemployment rose as high as 33%.  Frances lived through the 1930’s and has talked about those years in a series of podcasts.

As our world faces a new global challenge, Frances’s memories remind us that by working together we can accomplish great things.  So put the kettle on and add to the discussion. Frances and I look forward to your insights on TeaToastTrivia.com.

I am your host Rebecca Budd and I’m looking forward to sharing this moment with you.

Thank you for joining Frances and me on Tea Toast and Trivia. One last thought – comes from Franklin D. Roosevelt : “If civilization is to survive, we must cultivate the science of human relationships – the ability of all peoples, of all kinds, to live together, in the same world at peace.”

Until next time, dear friends,

safe travels wherever your adventures take you.

1. elisabethm says:

What a beautiful portrait of Frances! I’m looking forward to the podcast.

I am so glad that Frances has agree to share her memories. We live in very interesting times. What I most appreciate about the blogging community is that we have created a virtual community that is inclusive and always there for support and encouragement. Hugs coming your way!!!

1. elisabethm says:

Hugs back to you across the ocean! For Frances too 🤗🤗🤗

It’s truly edifying to hear Frances, in these podcasts, tell us about the wondrous and joyful occurrences during difficult times. Each of these stories inspires, and it’s not difficult to see where you get your values and sensibilities from 🙂

When we look at history, we see the dates and time passing in compressed time. A few paragraphs cover events that cannot be understood unless we see the narrative through the lens of a witness. I forget that we live history every day, when we move from one minute to the next. If our time is to be remembered, then we must tell it. That is why your poetry is so important to me. Here’s to many more wonderful conversations. Thank you for sharing your journey with me.

3. Resa says:

Frances is a true treasure. This is a great podcast!
    How beautiful she is when she is young. LOL! Maybe I’ll have to steal her from you, Rebecca! (Just kidding, of course!)

You have an open invitation to be a part of our family. Hugs coming your way.