Episode 44: Liz on Rituals & Traditions

December is the season for traditions and gatherings of family and friends. Hanukkah, Winter Solstice, St. Lucia Day, St. Nicholas Day, Christmas and New Years. It is a busy and joyful time of the year.

Celebrations embrace rich traditions and rituals that connect our lives by associations with activities and memories.  My dear blogger friend, Liz from the blog Leaping Life and I have once again bridged the 7,059 kilometers between Edinburgh and Vancouver to consider how we create new traditions over the years.

Put the kettle on and join in the conversation.  We would love to hear your thoughts on TeaToastTrivia.com

I am your host Rebecca Budd and I’m looking forward to sharing this moment with you.

Thank you for joining Liz and me on Tea Toast & Trivia. And a very special thank you and shout out to Liz from the blog, Leaping Life!

The hashtag Liz mentioned for people feeling lonely on Christmas day is #JoinIn.  Stop byTeaToastTrivia.com and read the screenshot from Sarah Millican’s twitter account.  Sarah is a well-known comedienne in the UK– and according to Liz, some might say ‘national treasure’!  #JoinIn is a marvellous project and so many people seem to benefit from it.  Even now, this hashtag is trending on twitter.

Sarah Millican introducing #joinin

In closing, I wanted to share the quote that Liz mentioned. It is by T.S. Eliot, “We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.”

Connect with Liz on Leaping Life!

Pause, Breathe, Live!

Until next time, dear friends, safe travels.

1. Liz says:

Such a pleasure to join you again Becky – thank you for asking me! X

2. elisabethm says:

Home is where you are. Thank you for that! I decided to stay in Finland for Christmas this year, and I should not feel guilty about that 😊 Wonderful podcast!

Thank you so much for listening in and for your heartwarming comments. I can only imagine how beautiful Finland is in wintertime. I am never sure whether we will have a “green” or a “white” Christmas in Vancouver, but one thing is certain – wherever we are, we are home. Sending hugs your way…

1. elisabethm says:

As they say, home is where the heart is ❤️ Here it’s white at the moment, but the temperature is around zero, so it may all melt again. But it’s definitely pretty here when there’s snow. Hugs to Vancouver and Edinburgh ❤️

2. Liz says:

Sending hugs and warm wishes back from Edinburgh! 💜

3. I’ve been fortunate in my life that the Christmas traditions we’ve engaged in have all been prompted by one member of the family wanting to make the others happy and bring them pleasure.

That, my dear friend, is the best definition of traditions. What joy it is to make someone else happy. One act of kindness has the power to shine light in the darkness. One of my favourite J.R.R. Tolkien’s quotes is: “May it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out.” Kindness is a choice that changes the world. Hugs!

1. Thank you, Rebecca!