Welcome to Tea, Toast and Trivia.
Thanks for listening in…
It is time to check in with my wellness and workout coach, Stephanie who reminds me daily, that being bold moves mountains. Today we are heading into the gym, so wear comfortable shoes and prepare to be amazed by how much fun exercise can be.
According to the World Health Organization, physical inactivity is now identified as the fourth leading risk factor for global mortality. Physical inactivity levels are rising in many countries with major implications for the prevalence of noncommunicable diseases (NCDs) and the general health of the population worldwide.
Stephanie and I would love to hear your thoughts on TeaToastTrivia.com. I am your host Rebecca Budd and I’m looking forward to sharing this moment with you.
Thank you for joining Stephanie and me on Tea Toast & Trivia.
And thank you Stephanie for joining me from a distance – a distance of almost 1200 kilometers.
One last thought comes from our dear lovable Winnie-the-Pooh:
“A bear, however hard he tries, grows tubby without exercise.” A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
Until next time, dear friends, safe travels wherever your adventures take you. And my hope is that some of those adventures take you to a gym.
According to the World Health Organization, benefits of regular and adequate levels of physical activity include
- Improves muscular and cardiorespiratory fitness;
- Improves bone and functional health;
- Reduces the risk of hypertension, coronary heart disease, stroke, diabetes, various types of cancer (including breast cancer and colon cancer), and depression;
- Reduces the risk of falls as well as hip or vertebral fractures; and
- Is fundamental to energy balance and weight control.