Episode 33: Stephanie on Bold Moves & Portion Control

Thank you for listening in on Thanksgiving Day in Canada.

Family and friends across the country gathered today to celebrate gratitude and share a festive meal, laughter and great conversations.  At times like this, there is a temptation to eat more than usual and then worry that we have overindulged.  What better time than now to check in my Wellness and Workout coach, Stephanie, for a conversation on portion control.

Stephanie has a refreshing way of looking at meal planning. She says food is awesome – that we should enjoy eating without any guilty sensation.   Food sustains us.  Being bold in our relationship with food, will move the mountain of regret and guilt. So put the kettle on join our discussion on portion control.  Stephanie and I would love to hear your thoughts on TeaToastTrivia.com. I am your host Rebecca Budd and I’m looking forward to sharing this moment with you.

Thank you for joining Stephanie and me on Tea Toast & Trivia and for sharing our Canadian Thanksgiving.

One last thought comes from Ralph Waldo Emerson:

“For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food, for love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends.”

Until next time, dear friends, safe travels wherever your adventures take you.

1. Ms Frances says:

Thank you for this delightful podcast. It was important and gives a new look at how we consider the things we eat and how we feel about our intake of food. I was encouraged to not feel guilty about the food I eat, but to plan what, how, and when we eat. Thank you for this encouraging few minutes and the opportunity to listen to a really sensible view of our relationship with the blessing of good food.

Stephanie has a great attitude to food and I know that her children will benefit from her steadfastness in creating meaningful responses to meals. Food is vital. We need to consider our actions in a time when food security has taken on greater importance.

1. Ms Frances says:

💯❤🥰❤💯

2. Resa says:

Stephanie, everything you said works. I switched to small plates, years ago. Not b&b plates, but I found these small plates one day and bought them. It works, and home cooking helps!

Stephanie really appreciates your thoughtful comments, as do I. I agree wholeheartedly – we need to embrace our kitchens for they offer us a creative outlet, while giving us more choice and diversity of meals. We live in a time of food insecurity and cannot afford to take our ample and seemingly endless food supply for granted. When we started with organic recycling in Vancouver, I was appalled by the amount of food wastage in our home – even though we make every effort to plan our meals. Thank you for listening in – so very much appreciated.

3. Liz says:

What a great set of advice, especially as we approach a time of year that can be fraught with problems about food. I am making a big effort to enjoy the process of cooking, and not just reach for whatever is the quickest. There is a good deal of joy to be had from making a tasty meal, with plenty of love as a key ingredient!

I agree wholeheartedly! The idea of dining at home, enjoying a leisurely meal that goes along with a great conversation has experienced a rebirth. In our haste to create meaningful work, we lost our way when it comes to engaging with food. I remember eating at the computer, while trying to complete a project. I don’t remember the project, but I do remember that the meal was lack luster and didn’t possess any of the allure that say, Downton Abbey. I love this clip – hope you can see it on your side. https://youtu.be/VfvXuhxRWZ4

1. Liz says:

Oh that is just the best clip ever! Have you seen the new film – sumptuous in every way!!

I knew you would like this!! We did see the movie. It was only in Vancouver for 2 weeks before it moved on. Some of the moviegoers dressed up in the fashion on the day – so creative. Hats, gloves, walking sticks, purses. And all was well at the end of the movie. It was a lovely evening and a tribute to family and community.

3. Liz says:

I hear that they might do another film – fingers crossed!